This is my version of a quick, toss it together, don’t want to spend time chopping, just want to sit down and eat, shrimp cocktail. This Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is salty, tangy, and just enough spice. It goes PERFECT with a margarita on the rocks!
Ingredients: | Serves: 8
- Pico de Gallo (I used a fresh hot mix from the grocery store)
- 3/4 lb of Shrimp
- 1 Avocado
- 2 small limes
- 1 cucumber (skin, and chop into tiny bite-sized pieces)
- 1 box of saltine crackers
- Clamato juice – original
- Optional: Tapatío
- Boil the cleaned shrimp in salt water until they turn pink, then place into a bowl.
- Pour 2 cups of Clamato juice into the bowl. If you do not have Clamato juice, you can use any tomato juice that you can find. Add 1/4 cup of ketchup to the bowl and mix it into the clamato juice.
- Add your chopped cucumber, pico de gallo, Tapatío, and salt to taste.
- Squeeze the limes into the bowl and get all that lime juice!
- Lastly, add the sliced avocado pieces into the bowl and give it a final mix.
- You can eat it right away with saltine crackers or you can let it sit in the fridge so they flavors can infuse into each other and enjoy it cold.