- Family pack of Pork Chops (I like boneless)
- A can of Cream of Celery
- A can of Cream of Mushroom
- A bag of Frozen Peppers and Onions Blend – or you can chop your own green bell pepper (2) + red bell pepper (2) + half of an onion
- Seasoning Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Dried garlic pieces
- Dried Parsley
- Wash the pork chops thoroughly, pat dry, and add to the slow cooker.
- Season the pork chops well. Personally I do not measure anything in the kitchen, I eyeball it. However, if cooking is new to you then I will give beginning measurements to start and add to taste. 2-3 TBSP of seasoning salt to start. I like 1 TBSP of ground black pepper and onion powder. 2 TBSP of dried parsley. 1.5 tsp of dried garlic chunks.
- Pour 4 cups of the Peppers and Onion blend into the slow cooker.
- Pour in the Cream of Celery and Cream of Mushroom. Use one can and fill it with milk or water and add to the slow cooker. Make sure there is enough liquid to submerge the pork chops so that all the meat can cook completely through.
- Set it and forget it! High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
I usually cover my pork chops with water until there is half an inch of water above them in order to prevent them from drying out.
If the gravy doesn’t seem thick enough you can always add flour, stir it well in order to get rid of clumps, turn it on high and give it another 35 mins or so.
You can add whatever color bell peppers you like or even hot peppers. Fresh sliced mushrooms or canned sliced mushrooms work well too.